Paula Timm Artist

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

again.

the day has come. and i am prepping for my next surgery.
harder words have never been typed. or wait, they probably have. and that was when the last surgery happened.

if you're just tuning in, the abridged version of the past 12 years:
we moved to calgary
I worked for 2 years with an oil and gas company
I quit smoking which made my ulcerative colitis flare for a year non stop.
I was hospitalized for a month.
I started to hold it together but work stress kept creeping
I got bronchitis in september 2010
My dad died october 2010
My illness got worse.
I submitted to hospitalization in January 2011.
February I had my large intestine removed.
there was a fateful accident during the surgery.
I recovered for many days and years.

I believed that my art practice was the only thing left to try that would give me another lease on life.

and now I am here.
awaiting another surgery, hoping and wishing that it won't fall apart.

 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment