Paula Timm Artist

Monday, February 26, 2018

the significance of time and numbers

the significance of time and numbers

by paula timm feb 25, 2018

7 years ago since I left the hospital to start the very laborious healing process!! Just look at what 7 years can do... 
For the first time in 7 years, I haven't cried, as the date in which I fought to live, approached. 
I have normally found this day (February 15, 2011) to be significant and traumatic. This year, it approached, and I let it go, then thought of it, and then it would pass. I definitely recognized the day and it's intrinsic meaning. I recalled the struggle it took for me to rebuild my body after such a violent surgical accident and ensuing recovery. I thought of asking you to donate blood because there is always a shortage, and it took so many donations to save my life. However, I didn't and I didn't cry either. I quietly celebrated and felt grateful that I, perhaps, have finally, completed this chapter. 
I have been really intrigued by my anniversaries for these massive milestones. They have helped me see my progress in healing and the distance from these traumatic events. They have also helped me celebrate the steps that I have had to take to get to the eighth year of this profound journey.
Perhaps this new revelation is due in part, that recently, I was able to finally complete the third massive surgery. And after seven years since the first two, I also embark on a new chapter of my life and my pursuit of wellness through creativity. With less fear and illness in my body, I am sleeping better and feeling better, (with the exception of two massive falls which have set me back a few months!!).
I am also really intrigued by the connection of my lack of sadness to this anniversary and the potential connection to the number 7. The number 7 holds much meaning to differing cultures, the body, math, religion, metaphysics and more. The few that ring strongest which I had knowledge of were: The educational milestones of a 7 year old child. The physiological transformation to conscientiousness at age 7. The time it takes for the body to completely replace itself. Nerves are significantly healed after 7 years.
I have shared my thoughts with a few friends and learned of more. So I thought I should do a google and share:
-There are seven days in a week.
-The opposite sides of a dice always equal the number seven when added.
-seven continents
-on the seventh day.. and bazillion other religious meanings
-tangram is a puzzle consisting of seven flat shapes
-7 colours in the rainbow
-There are seven notes to the diatonic scale.
-There are seven letters in the Roman numeral system.
-The seven dwarfs
-breaking a mirror will bring you seven years of bad luck
-Number 7 is the number of perfection, security, safety and rest.
so.. I am really happy that this is alllll behind me. I am grateful for the knowledge, time and space that I have been given or that I have earned... this year is going to be amazing as I (crosses fingers and touches wood and throws salt and signed the cross) am healthy!
xo
happy new year bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment